How to Remove People and Objects with Photoshop from a photo, CS5 CS6 CC Tutorial
How to clean up a photo by removing unwanted people and objects using Photoshop.
Download project files: http://www.georgepeirson.com/9myt
► Be a Photoshop Expert – Click Here: http://www.georgepeirson.com/ps-expert ◄
This comprehensive video takes you step-by-step through the complete process from beginning images clear through to the final composite image. After the project video I answer some common questions about the techniques I used in this video. This training demo was recorded in Photoshop CS6 but the techniques used will work just as well in Photoshop CS5 through the latest Photoshop CC.
Doing a Photoshop Photography Edit like this requires breaking down the process into several easier steps. Here are the main steps demonstrated in this training.
1. Using the Clone Stamp Tool remove the boat at the bottom left and engine at bottom right.
2. Make careful selection around girl fishing to protect that figure. Do a larger selection around her hair and the bottom eyelet on the fishing pole where those go in front of the back figure. We will fix those later.
3. Invert the selection to protect the girl and then use the Clone Stamp tool to remove the man behind her. Pay careful attention to the tree line, shoreline, and water details.
4. Deselect. Make a new selection around the eyelet on the fishing pole using the ellipse tool and transform selection options and then using the eraser tool remove the background around the eyelet. Modify the selection and invert to allow editing of the space inside the eyelet to clean that out as well.
5. Using a very small Clone Stamp Tool brush size carefully clone stamp to remove the man’s shirt from behind girl’s hair.
6. Using Desaturate tool remove blue tint from fixed hair and fixed fish pole eyelet.
7. You need to watch the video to see exactly how I fix the hair and eyelet.
The image used in this project video is in the public domain. Here is the link if you would like to download the image for your own use. The image is from http://www.public-domain-image.com
Walton LaVonda, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
License: Public Domain
This is just one of my numerous Photoshop online tutorials. You can view more Photoshop Tutorial Videos in these YouTube Playlists:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfp-NJt_DpgEoW5LHWagpMqBZf_WnoXig – Photoshop Photography Projects
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfp-NJt_DpgGHQKYE8VDxh7rDFUMF5Q1k – Photoshop CS6 – 27 videos
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfp-NJt_DpgHh3VAv1wvse5qLc76ITtLQ – Photoshop CS5 – 52 videos
Check out my YouTube channel for all of my Photoshop online tutorials. http://www.youtube.com/user/howtogurus
You can get this Photoshop Project along with the other 11 Photoshop Photography Projects in this set, plus 26 special videos not available on YouTube demonstrating the tools and techniques used in these projects at http://georgepeirson.com/psphoto1/sale-price/
Become an Adobe Photoshop Expert. Here is what you will learn in this training set:
Photoshop Photography Projects
▪ Photoshop Change Background – changing an average background to a great one with dynamic lighting
▪ How to convert a portrait into a “pencil sketch”
▪ How to remove people and objects from a photograph
▪ How to remove and then replace a background with a better one
▪ How to composite elements from different photos
▪ How to change hair color in a photographic portrait
▪ How to clean up background objects on a difficult surface
▪ Removing background people and objects using the Pen Tool
▪ How to change the color of anything
▪ How to do an “Impossible fix” on a bad photograph
▪ And just for fun, how to add glowing spirals to a photograph
Photoshop Tools and Techniques Training
▪ How to use Photoshop Selection Tools – 4 videos
▪ How to use more Photoshop Tools – 8 videos
▪ How to use Content Aware Scaling and Puppet Warp
▪ How to use Photoshop Adjustments – 5 videos
▪ How to use Layer Styles and Layer Masks – 2 videos
▪ How to use Selections – 6 videos
Full description and screenshots at http://georgepeirson.com/psphoto1/sale-price/
“Like” this video by clicking on the thumbs up.
Click the Share link and share this video with your friends on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and other social networks.
Don’t forget to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/howtogurus